The Journey of Little Rosanne Rosannadanna

Please follow along as my new puppy, Rosanne Rosannadanna, learns all about life, the universe and everything.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

ROSANNE ROSANNADANNA: Finally Asleep!

HOLY COW ! This little girl is a go-go-go energizer bunny! She is incredibly inquisitive and in motion constantly until *crash*! she's asleep. At Delta cargo they put her little crate on the counter. I took the metal ties off of it, opened the door and she jumped into my arms and proceeded to plaster my face with licking. I carried her around while taking care of paperwork, got out the camera and had a bystander take a little video of her in my arms.


I took her out to a tiny little triangle of icky dirt and scrubby grass (industrial parking lot, ugh). No go, nada, nothing. She drank a little water though and ate a little bit of food. I had dug up Marcus' (Havanese) seatbelt harness so had her on that in the front seat in a small dog cuddle bed. Oh my, she chewed on the bed, wiggled around, whined while I drove and massaged her with one hand. Twenty minutes of freeway driving, wham! out like a light.
We arrived home around 9 pm or 9:30 pm. She met her brothers, I finally got lunch (which was dinner by this time), fed the boys, Rosanne finally peed. Whew! I thought I would never get this gang settled in. I put her in her little crate up on a table next to my bed and went to bed to watch TV. I heard a little thump-bump from the crate. She had fallen over sideways, flat out asleep. She's still asleep so the boys and I can have a little alone time. I discovered my video camera does a thing called "video snap" - takes a 2-second video, kind of a photo with motion. I got some cute video snaps of her chewing on a Kong which I'll post tomorrow. Boy, figuring out who, what, where and when was a bit taxing but we got it all worked out eventually.



***************************************************************************** TRAINING: Not only is Rosanne adorable - she's very cool! I had her in an Xpen in the living room while I ate my dinner in front of the TV. Then, to let her out of the Xpen, all my old habits kicked right in. DOORS DO NOT OPEN WHEN THERE ARE FEET ON THEM. Each time I reached to open the door, she would stand up against it. I would stop moving, she put her feet down, I started moving in again. *THREE* times was all it took for her to figure out that Feet on Floor Causes Open Door. She is soooo much different than Joey at that age. ****************************************************************************


I'm so glad she's asleep so I can not only rest but can now organize my strategy. I have a feeling I am going to have a hard time staying ahead of her. We have a big day tomorrow as I have two commitments at the Gym (training center) plus a visit to Auntie Lynn's house for some video work.