The Journey of Little Rosanne Rosannadanna

Please follow along as my new puppy, Rosanne Rosannadanna, learns all about life, the universe and everything.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

ROSANNE ROSANNADANNA: Her Journey

Little Rosanne Rosannadanna has been checked in for her flight from Charlotte, NC to Atlanta, Ga. She is on Flight #690 (Delta). Her progress can be tracked at http://www.deltacargo.com/ using shipping #006-01569116. Temperature in Atlanta at this time is 66 F and the high for today is forecast to be 76 F - so not too hot! She arrives in Atlanta at 2:10 PM (EDT - 11:10 AM PDT). She leaves from Atlanta on Delta Flight #1287 at 4:30 PM (EDT - 1:35 PM PDT). Arrival into PDX (Portland) is 6:41 pm PDT.

11:14 am PDT: Checking the Delta Cargo on-line tracking, Rosanne has now arrived in Atlanta! Now she has to get through her layover and get going to Portland. I called Delta cargo in Atlanta and they told me she was in the Pet First area and that water is the only thing they are allowed to give her - which didn't answer my question as to whether or not she has been given water. *sigh* The agent couldn't confirm that she was "all right" but did say that, if she wasn't, she wouldn't be in the Pet First room. I forgot to suggest to Mary the trick of freezing a bucket of water so that there would be liquid available as it melts. Then again, maybe they won't let you have a bucket of water or ice in with the puppy.

1:45 pm PDT: On-line tracking does not show her on-board yet. The status of Flight #1287 is "awaiting takeoff" with a time of 1:40 pm PDT. I keep checking her cargo status and no on-board confirmation yet. If that plane takes off without her, it's not good news. *sigh*

Waiting . . . and checking . . . and waiting . . .

Meanwhile I'm watching PBGV videos on YouTube. Gawd, they are cute little dogs!

2:00 pm PDT: Flight status is now "in flight" but the cargo tracking does not show an on-board confirmation for her. *sigh* Off to call Delta Cargo . . .

2:15 pm PDT: All Delta cargo in Atlanta can say is that there is one live animal on that flight, that the cargo is transferred by baggage handlers and they don't necessarily put the numbers into any system. So what is the point of on-line tracking then? :(

2:50 pm PDT: Using Delta's status tracking by phone, I get the message that her reference number is manifested on board flight #1287. I don't know if that's the same thing as an on-board confirmation. Still nothing on the on-line tracker.

I am leaving for the airport now. It's way early but I have an on-line Cyber Agility class at 4 pm. So I'm leaving early, little laptop in tow, and will stop at a Starbuck's in Wilsonville to participate with my class, then on to the airport after that!




4:15 PM PDT: In Starbuck's. Finally the on-line tracking says: "28SEP - 1 PIECES DEPARTED FROM ATL ON DL1287/28SEP TO PDX" That's a big relief!




Mary Fluke, DVM said...
I just talked to Helix! Roseanne Rosannadanna (the puppy formerly known as Portland) is with her new mommy. She didn't poop her crate all the long long day (what a good little puppy!) and Helix described her as being very licky which tells me that Roseanne has already made up her mind about her new home. I'll miss her something awful, but I know that Roseanne will be in very good hands and I'll look forward to hearing about all her exciting adventures!

September 28, 2010 7:15 PM

1 comment:

  1. I just talked to Helix! Roseanne Rosannadanna (the puppy formerly known as Portland) is with her new mommy. She didn't poop her crate all the long long day (what a good little puppy!) and Helix described her as being very licky which tells me that Roseanne has already made up her mind about her new home. I'll miss her something awful, but I know that Roseanne will be in very good hands and I'll look forward to hearing about all her exciting adventures!

    ReplyDelete