The Journey of Little Rosanne Rosannadanna

Please follow along as my new puppy, Rosanne Rosannadanna, learns all about life, the universe and everything.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

ROSANNE ROSANNADANNA: PBGV Visitor

This afternoon we had a visit from Jane Sinclair and her 6.5-year-old PBGV, Maizy. Jane and Maizy were students of mine a few years ago. And it was Jane who tweaked me about the announcement of Rosanne's litter on the PBGV performance list. I saw the notice but thought, no, I can't do a puppy now. A week or so later, Jane forwarded the announcement to me asking if I had seen it and wouldn't this be a good thing for me? Eh, I gave it a second look and, well, you know the rest - little Rosanne Rosannadanna is here! Rosanne has really blossomed into full feistiness today. Suddenly she's more grabby, more squirmy, more active. Ha! she must have been resting up for the last three days and is now ready to take on the world. Here's a video clip of Jane trying to have a cuddle with Rosanne who is having none of it.



Rosanne and Maizy had some running about the yard. Mostly Maizy was off investigating stuff at the edges of the yard while Rosanne was practicing 50-foot recalls back to me. Boy! I love seeing that little dog running full tilt towards me! Rosanne followed Maizy around a bit and, much like with Joey, could not quite get full play going. There is a real cute scene in this video of the two of them doing tandem behavior ("I'll be your best friend" as Sue Sternberg calls this).



Jane brought us prezzies which was so nice of her - a food enrichment toy (Treat Stick) for Rosanne and a big glass slab photo holder with a photo of Rosanne in it for me. Jane, thank you so much - that was really thoughtful of you. Jane and I have tentative plans to meet up at the local lure coursing practice later on this month and see what the two PBGV girls make of chasing a plastic bag. I'll probably take Joey too. He's done it once before and I know he would love a good outing and a good chase.

Rosanne busied herself in the yard, when Maizy wouldn't give her attention, by attempting to bring me my cane. Perhaps she's a future assistance dog!



Well, all of that was very tiring so we came inside and Rosanne had a big long nap in the Puppy Palace. The Puppy Palace has a 36" wire crate on one end of it (Joey's crate). She took some toys in there and feel asleep in the cushy cuddler that I put in there for her. Yay! she can take a nap where she is rather than having to be put in her crate.

No comments: